Spiritual practice for God-realisation prescribed in each era has been different. Chanting is the best spiritual practice prescribed for Kaliyug (Era of strife) by saints. In order to increase bhaktibhav (Spiritual emotion of devotion) and to gain maximum benefit of the Deity’s Principle, it is essential to pronounce Deity’s Name in correct manner.
1. Chant of Deity Datta
Listen to the ‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ chant given below.
‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ chant
‘Om Om Shri Gurudev Datta Om’ chant
2. How to chant the Name of Shri Dattaguru?
To avail maximum benefit of the Deity’s Principle through chanting, it is essential to use accurate pronunciation as per the spiritual science. Therefore let us understand how to chant the Name ‘Shri Gurudev Datta (श्री गुरुदेव दत्त ।)‘ correctly.
While chanting the Name, ‘Shri Gurudev Datta (श्री गुरुदेव दत्त ।)‘, in the saviour form, one should visualise the form of Shri Dattaguru in the mind and with the bhav (Spiritual emotion) that ‘He is going to alleviate us from the distress caused by ancestors’, one should pronounce each letter of the chant with that bhav.
On the contrary, when chanting the destroyer form of ‘Shri Gurudev Datta (श्री गुरुदेव दत्त ।)‘, one should pronounce each letter in the chant in destroyer tone. One should put more stress on the letter ‘D (द)’ in the Name of the Deity ‘Datta (दत्त)’ while chanting.
– Miss. Tejal Patrikar, Sangeet Visharad, Convener of Music, Maharshi Adhyatmik Vishwavidyalay, Sanatan Ashram, Ramnathi, Goa.
Audio clip of the chants are also available on the App, ‘Sanatan Chaitanyavani’
In case of spiritual experience of a special kind while listening to these chants, please send them on our email address : [email protected]
3. Benefits of chanting Deity Datta’s Name
Chanting of Deity Datta’s Name generates Shakti (Divine Energy) which creates a protective sheath around the devotee.
1. To prevent problems or to overcome a mild problem, chant ‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ daily for one to two hours. At other times, to prevent problems arising out of destiny and for spiritual progress, an average individual or seeker in the primary stage should chant the Name of his Kuladevata (Family Deity) as much as is possible.
2. If the problem is moderate in nature, chant ‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ along with the Name of your Kuladevata for two to four hours daily. Also, go to a Datta temple every Thursday and perform seven pradakshina (Circumambulations), and chant one to two japmalas of ‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ in the temple. Do this for about a year. After this, chant three malas of ‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ every day.
3. If the problem is severe in nature, chant ‘Shri Gurudev Datta’ for at least four to six hours daily. Perform rites like Tripinḍi Shraddha where Jyotirlingas (Powerful Divine lingas (Sacred symbols of Deity Shiva) situated at 12 places in Bharat) are situated. Along with these, perform spiritual practice at a seat of worship of Deity Datta or serve a Saint to receive His blessings.
4. By chanting the Name of Deity Datta in Pitru-paksha (The dark fortnight of the Hindu lunar month of Bhadrapad), the onward sojourn of the ancestors is faster. Hence, during this period, chant for at least six hours (or seventy-two malas) daily.
5. Chant to overcome negative energy distress.