Chaitra Shukla Pratipada is the day on which the Universe was created; hence, this is the real commencement of the New Year.
Welcoming the New Year on 1st January according to the western culture (by singing and vulgar dancing, eating-drinking, indulging in materialistic pleasures on 31st December night), which does not have any spiritual basis, amounts to ‘conversion’ of Hindus for a day !
Request to all our readers, please follow the current rules laid upon us by the Government due to the current adverse times !
How to celebrate Gudhipadva / Ugadi in the current scenario ?
Today, most places across the country are under lockdown. As such, it has become difficult to procure all the materials that are traditionally used in the Gudhipadva puja. However, you can still benefit spiritually by doing the following while celebrating Gudhipadva this year –
1. If you are unable to procure a new bamboo stick for erecting the Gudhi, then use an older one after cleaning it. If that is not possible, you may use any stick after cleansing it with water mixed with Gomutra and vibhuti.
2. You can forgo using neem and mango leaves if they are not available easily.
3. Akshata (unbroken rice grains mixed with kumkum) have the capacity to attract all principles. So you can offer akshata in place of coconuts, betel leaves, areca nut, fruits if they are unavailable. You can offer akshata in lieu of flowers too.
4. If you are unable to prepare prasad from neem leaves, then you can offer any sweet as naivedya. If that is not possible then you can offer jaggery or sugar as naivedya.
Celebrate New Year on Chaitra Shukla Pratipada
- Gudhi : Importance and prayer to the Gudhi
If one understands the implied meaning and science behind the holy days and religious festivals,...
- Ritualistic worship of the Brahmadhwaj (Gudi) on Gudipadwa
Hindu New Year Day that is Chaitra Shukla Pratipada is also known as Gudipadwa. Scriptures...
Gudipadwa is celebrated on Yugadi tithi, Chaitra Shukla Pratipada (First day of the bright fortnight...
- Method of celebrating Gudipadwa
The Gudhi (or the Brahma-dhwaj) is hoisted in every house as a symbol of victory...
- Celebrate New Year on Chaitra Shukla Pratipada !
The day on which the Universe was created is Chaitra Shukla Pratipada; hence, this is...
- Erect the ‘Gudi’ of unity of Hindus for establishing...
Establishment of the ‘Hindu Nation’ is a process that will continue over the next 10...