Give an account of the funds collected from the public to Maharashtra!
Maharashtra Andhashraddha Nirmulan Samiti (MANS; or Committee for Eradication of Blind Faith, CEBF) is an organisation dedicated to fighting (so-called) superstition in India, particularly in the state of Maharashtra. It was founded by Narendra Dabholkar in 1989.
Maharashtra Andhashraddha Nirmulan Samiti (MANS) will be organising Dabholkar Memorial Day program across the State under the so-called names of ‘Vivekacha Jagar’, ‘Nirbhay (Fearless) Walk’, ‘Science Day’, etc. Leaders, speakers, dignitaries etc. from various social sectors have been invited as chief guests in these programmes. MANS whose trusts have been involved in financial scams, who have not maintained transparency in the trust funds, were pretending to be ‘progressive’ full of ‘conscience’ were a fraud on the people of Maharashtra. Therefore, instead of doing a ‘Fearless Walk’ on the occasion of Dabholkar’s memorial day, MANS should take a ‘Transparent Walk’ about the financial scams in the trust and pay homage to Dabholkar, said Mr. Chetan Rajhans, Spokesperson of Sanatan Sanstha.
For many years we were exposing the financial scams in MANS and bringing the true face of MANS to the public, but then a misconception was spread that we are of opposite views, so these false allegations are made by us. But now the senior activist of MANS Mr. Madhav Bavge, in an interview given by him to a Marathi news channel has also made similar allegations. At least now, the atheist MANS, which is continuing to criticise Dharma, should treat/investigate the financial scams in its own organisation and tell Maharashtra about where the money collected through ‘fraud’ is being used by making the people of Maharashtra fools.
It has been revealed that the dispute between the two factions, Dr. Hamid Dabholkar and Avinash Patil is not ideological but over funds in the trust and control over the trust. Therefore, they should come forward and give the account of crores of rupees in the trust and answer the questions in that context transparently to Maharashtra.
1. Why did senior activist like Madhav Bavge not know for several years that the ‘Maharashtra Andhashraddha Nirmulan Samiti’ is a ‘trust’ and who are the trustees in it, until the corruption in MANS’s trust was exposed ?
2. Avinash Patil diverted the Rs. 28 lakh rupees collected to ‘Vivek Jagar Trust’, what kind of transaction is it ?
3. Rs. 52 lakh was collected for MANS’ Trideshakpurthi (Completion of 30 years) programme. There was a budget of 40 lakhs for this programme, and Rs. 36 lakhs were spent. Later the workers were told that there is no money anymore. Then, into whose pocket did Rs. 16 lakhs go ?
4. Due to the allegations made by Sanatan Sanstha, Dabholkar had said in a meeting, “We are facing difficulties according to FCRA, so we have to establish a separate trust”. If the administration of MANS was transparent, why was there a need to create a separate trust ? Why was it falsely written in the leaflet of MANS that it runs without foreign-government financial assistance ?
5. Why did Avinash Patil freeze the bank accounts by giving the letters signed by ND Patil to the banks ?
Answers to these and numerous such questions should be given to Maharashtra by MANS which is wearing the veil of conscience. The interview of Madhav Bavge about MANS in this context is still available on the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fxzkSqq2Wk from which you will also know the true face of MANS said Mr. Rajhans said.