Jagadguru Shri Saint Tukaram ascended into Vaikunth when still embodied. God Himself came to take Him to Vaikunth forever. This is the actual truth but some so-called secularists and anti-Hindu organisations are doing false propaganda that He was murdered and did not travel to Vaikunth, the only objective being to create animosity between the Brahman and Maratha communities. The false propaganda of these anti-Hindus and the falsehood are being clarified citing some paragraphs from Holy texts.
1.Rameshwar Bhat tormentor of Tukaram Maharaj becomes His disciple
नाब्रह्म क्षत्रमृध्नोति ना क्षत्रं ब्रह्म वर्धते ।
ब्रह्म क्षत्रं च सम्पृक्तम् इह चामुत्र वर्धते ॥ – मनुस्मृति, अध्याय ९, श्लोक ३२२
– Manusmruti, Chapter 9, Holy verse (shloka) 322
Meaning : Radiance of a warrior cannot grow with the radiance of a Brahman and vice versa. When radiance of a Brahman and Kshatriya come together they grow both in this region (lok) and in other regions as well. Similarly if Brahmans and Kshatriyas come then together both will incinerate enemies like a burning forest fire.
The Mahabharat says,
ब्रह्म क्षत्रेण संसृष्टं क्षत्रं च ब्रह्मणा सह ।
उदीर्णौ दहतः शत्रून् वनानीवाग्निमारुतौ ॥ – महाभारत, पर्व ३, अध्याय २७, श्लोक १०
– Mahabharat, Parva 3, Chapter 27, Shloka 10
Meaning : Just as when air and fire come together they can burn down even forests so also if a Brahman and Kshatriya come together they can annihilate the enemy.
That is why anti-Hindu organisations are targeting Brahmans and are trying to do false propaganda that ‘Brahmans have murdered Saint Tukaram’ thus creating animosity between Brahmans and Marathas. Those atheists also need to understand that the very Rameshwar Bhat who tormented Tukaram Maharaj later became His disciple.
तुकितां तुलनेसी । ब्रह्म तुकासी आलें ।
म्हणोनी रामेश्वरें । चरणी मस्तक ठेविलें ॥ आरती तुकारामा ॥
He says that ‘If Saint Tukaram Maharaj and Deity Brahma are compared then he would prostrate before the former’.
That means that Rameshwar Bhat has praised that ‘Tukaram Maharaja and Deity Brahma are the same’ but false propaganda is being made that he murdered Tukaram Maharaj.
2. Nine out of the disciples of Saint Tukaram Maharaj were Brahmans
An anti-Hindu has written a book ‘Tukaram Maharajancha Khoon Ramdasi Brahmanani kela (meaning Ramdasi Brahmans have murdered Tukaram Maharaj’. Nine out His disciples were Brahmans.
1. Mahadjipant Dehukar (Talkari)
2. Gangaram Mawal Kadurkar (Talkari) : His surname was ‘Mahajan’ but as his personality was ‘tender’ Tukaram Maharaj nicknamed him ‘Mawal’.
3. Kondopant Lohakare Punekar (Talkari) : When Tukoba sang devotional songs he maintained the rhythm with the dhrupad (musical instrument). He asked Tukaram Maharaj permission to go to Kashi and he complied and requested him to offer his three devotional songs Bhagirathi, Vishweshwar and Vishnupad there.
4. Ambajipant Lohagaonkar (Talkari) : He was Joshi-Kulkarni of Lohagaon. One midnight as he was listening to a kirtan his son passed away so his wife brought his corpse and placed it in front of Tukoba. Tukoba pleaded with God and the boy came back to life.
5. Saint Bahinabai : Its importance is extraordinary. Despite being a Brahman Herself she has criticised unrighteous Brahmans severely as ‘Who is a real Brahman ?’ the one who knows Brahman is a Brahman. Hence Mambaji who troubled Saint Tukaram also troubled Her and even kept Her cow in bondage. This indicates how vile and dominating Mambaji was.
6. Rameshwar Bhat : Influenced by Mambaji Bhat he had become a strong opponent of Tukoba. So strong was he that he ordered that Tukoba’s writing be immersed in the river but later realising His greatness became repentant. He had a vision that Saint Tukaram Maharaj was the incarnation of Namdev Mahraj. Hence later Rameshwar Bhat became Saint Tukaram’s favourite disciple.
7. Kacheshwar Brahme
8. Malharpant Kulkarni-Chikhalkar
9. Nilobarai Pimpalnerkar : He wrote approximately 733 devotional songs praising Tukoba. Thus Tukobaraya had nine Brahman disciples. Then how would Brahmans murder him ? This shows that Tukoba was opposed by a handful of Brahmans but later His disciples were Brahmans themselves. Tukoba was not murdered rather He directly ascended into Vaikunth along with His body.
3. References from the Purans of Tukaram Maharaj
going to Vaikunth when still embodied, in a plane
Some atheists are trying to prove all Holy texts of the Hindus to be fake by presuming that Tukaram Maharaj was murdered. However He was not murdered and ascended into Vaikunth directly with His body.
3A. Devotional songs in the context of His
ascent into Vaikunth written by Saints of that era
१. सकळही माझी बोळवण करा । परतोनि घरा जावे तुम्ही ॥
– Saint Tukaram
२. माझ्या भावे केली जोडी । नजरेशी कल्प कोडी ॥
आणियेले धाडी । आणिले अवघे वैैकुंठ॥ – संत कान्होबा
– Saint Kanhoba
३. म्हणे रामेश्वर सकळा पुसोनि । गेला तो विमानी बैसोनिया ॥ – रामेश्वर भट्ट
– Rameshwar Bhat
४. सांगोनिया गेले वैकुंठासी लोला । धन्य भाग्य तुका देखियेला ॥
प्रयाण काळी देवे विमान पाठविले ।
कलीच्या कालामाजी अद्भुत वर्तविले ।
मानव देह घेऊनी निजधामी गेले। निळा म्हणे सकळ संत तोषविले ॥
– Saint Nilobarai
With thousands of such devotional songs (abhangs) about His ascent into Vaikunth how can you say that He was murdered ?
3B. Description of Vaikunth in Shrimadbhagwat
‘In the book ‘Saint Tukaram Maharaj – ascent to Vaikunth or murder’ Sudam Sawkar says “Vaikunth does not exist in this world”. Vaikunth is described in all Holy texts of the Hindus. The 3rd volume of Shrimadbhagwat chapter 15, shlokas 13 to 50 describe Vaikunth. Thus the statement by Sudam Sawarkar is foolish.
१. त एकदा भगवतो वैकुण्ठस्यामलात्मनः ।
ययुर्वैकुण्ठनिलयं सर्वलोकनमस्कृतम् ॥ – श्रीमद्भागवत, स्कंध ३, अध्याय १५, श्लोक १३
Meaning : Once Sanak and other Sages went to pay a visit to the sacred Vaikunth of Shrivishnu, which is worthy of worship to all.
काही नास्तिक म्हणतात की, त्या वेळी विमान होते का ? विमानाचे वर्णनसुद्धा भागवतात आहे. ते असे की,
Some atheists question whether there was an airplane in those days. However the Bhagwat describes the airplane as well.
2. वैमानिकाः सललनाश्चरितानि शश्वद् ।
– Shrimadbhagwat, Skand 3, Adhay 15, Shlpok 17
Meaning : The guards पार्षद from Shri’s Vaikunth region would travel by plane along with their wives.
4.Testimony to Tukoba’s ascent when still embodied
Saints Kanhoba, Rameshwar Bhat, Vagholikar, Dasnama Shimpi, Gangadhar Mawal Kaduskar, Santaji Jaganade Teli Sudumbare, Navaji Mali Dehukar, Gawarshet Vani Sundukarekar, Shivaji Kasar Lohagaonkar, Kond Patil Lohagaonkar, Malji Gade, Yelwadikar, Malharpant Chikhalikar, Ranganath Swami Nigdikar, Mahant Kacheshwar Brahme, Narayanbuva Dehukar, Balaji Jaganade were all present during the ascent of Saint Tukaram to Vaikunth.
तुकाराम तुकाराम । नाम घेता कापे यम ॥ १ ॥
धन्य तुकोबा समर्थ । जेणे केला हा पुरुषार्थ ॥ २ ॥
जळी दगडासहित वह्या । तारियेल्या जैश्या लाह्या ॥ ३ ॥
म्हणे रामेश्वर भट्ट द्विजा । तुका विष्णु नाही दुजा ॥ ४ ॥
– H.B.P. Shubham Maharaj Vakte (son of H.B.P. Vakte Maharaj), Pandharpur