Inferences drawn by Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research
New Delhi – Every one wishes to become fairand for that he/she tries every possible measure. That is precisely why there is a great demand for fairness cream in the market. However this fairness cream can be harmfu land can cause different diseases as per research done by the Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research.
1.This research organisation conducted research on fairness creams marketed by 11 reputed companies.
2. According to this organisation high quantities of mercury have been found in these cosmetics despite a ban on its use.
3. Mercury is a kind of neurotoxin which can harm the kidney, liver and embryo in a pregnant woman.
4. If mercury penetrates the body it may cause cancer.
5. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) the mercury found in cream and soap can cause diseases such as depression, panic attacks, etc along with skin diseases.
6. Mercury seeping into water can cause environmental pollution.
7. According to WHO 40% women in China and 61% people of both gender in Bharat, use fairness creams.
8. Even advertisements for fairness creams often attribute success of an individual to his/her fairness. This has a great impact on Bharatiyas and the business of fairness creams in Bharat is worth about 3000 crore rupees.