Ramnathi (Goa) – Famous sculptor from Shivamogga (Karnataka) Mr. Kashinath K. (75 years of age) paid a goodwill visit to the Sanatan ashram on December 13, 2019. Sanatan Sanstha’s seeker Mr. Abhishek Pai apprised him about the mission of the Sanatan Sanstha pertaining to the nation and Dharma and also gave information on its spiritual research.
Important points perceived by Mr. Kashinath K.
when touring the ashram and his appreciation of the ashram
1. Mr. Abhishek Pai showed Mr. Kashinath K. the photograph of H.H. Bhaktaraj Maharaj (H.H. Baba) near the reception counter and acquainted him with the missions of H.H. Baba. After listening he commented that H.H. Baba was a renunciant and that the mission of Sanatan Sanstha is going on with His resolve itself.
2. Learning about all sevas being carried out in the ashram and how cleanliness is maintained made Mr. Kashinath K. extremely happy and he commented on how the mission in the ashram is being carried out in a disciplined and excellent manner. He also stated why it is necessary for each one to do all kinds of sevas because doing only one seva can lead to generation of ego in him that he excels in it and how after completing all types of sevas the ego reduces and the subconscious mind becomes pure.
3. He liked all the arrangements in the ashram. Seeing the discipline in the ashram He said, “Guruji (Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale) is getting all this done from you as seva hence everything is going on smoothly.”
4. When explaining the importance of Bharatiya culture Mr. Kashinath K. questioned. “Why do foreigners visit Bharat ? Because there life is directionless. They do not know who God is. They come to Bharat in search of God. When they follow our culture and Hindu Dharma they experience God, hence they accept our culture. When they visit Bharat they are not interested in our mansions and buildings or other development but come to see ancient Bharatiya temples, sculpture etc. They study the difference in spiritual emotion in Bharatiya idols and foreign statues and then write Holy texts on the greatness of Bharatiya culture. Despite the culture and arts existing in Bharat being created by Sages it is foreign authors who become famous for them because Bharatiyas accept the word of foreign authors instantly.”
Introduction to Mr. Kashinath K.
Mr. Kashinath K. from Shivamogga is skilled in ‘five sculptural arts’ (panchashilpakala) and was awarded the ‘Amarshilpa Jakanachari’ award in 2004. In 2014 he was honoured with the ‘Karnataka State Sanskruti District Shilpakala Academy’ award. He has sculpted a 135 feet tall idol of Bhagwan Shiva, one of the tallest in Bharat, at Murdeshwar in Karnataka. He has also sculpted 50 to 60 feet tall idols of Maruti, Bhagwan Shiva, Durgadevi etc, all over the country. Sculptures were also done by his forefathers for which they were felicitated by King Mumudi Krishnaraj Wodeyar of Karnataka.
Virtues of Mr. Kashinath K. observed by seeker Mr. Abhishek Pai
1. Mr. Kashinath K. has a low ego. When talking about his sculpture there was no doership unlike some artists who boast about their work due to their high ego.
2. He has great faith in his Guru. This is obvious through his constant prayer unto the Guru.