H.H. (Dr.) Athavale is in the highest position in Spirituality, that of a Paratpar Guru. Despite that He has preserved His state of a disciple. This can be learnt through His various actions, some examples of which are given further.
1. H.H. (Dr.) Athavale behaving like
a disciple even in the presence of visiting Saints
Some years ago a Saint along with some of his disciples had come to meet H.H. (Dr.) Athavale. While going to meet the Saint, H.H. (Dr.) Athavale was carrying a box containing few objects with Divine changes and few objects attacked by negative energies. Disciples of that Saint were waiting outside till the meeting concluded. After the meeting concluded, H.H. (Dr.) Athavale left the room with the box switching off the lights and fans Himself. At that time that Saint asked Him whether His disciples do not do these tasks for him. H.H. (Dr.) Athavale responded ‘I too am a disciple from the ashram. I live here like a disciple of H.H. Bhaktaraj Maharaj’. The Saint was astonished to hear this. When H.H. (Dr.) Athavale told this incidence to the seekers once, He commented that one enjoys perpetual bliss when one remains in the state of a disciple as a disciple is one who remains persistently in the learning mode.
2. Spiritual emotion of H.H. (Dr.) Athavale for His Guru
2 A. Innocence and spiritual emotion of gratitude
1. While watching the video compact disc of H.H. (Dr.) Athavale meeting H.H. Jiji (wife of H.H. Bhaktaraj Maharaj alias H.H. Baba), we were able to appreciate His immense spiritual emotion for H.H. Baba. While narrating His spiritual journey to H.H. Jiji, child-like innocence and spiritual emotion was visible through His behaviour and speech.
2. In a spiritual emotion of gratitude, He always states that Sanatan Sanstha’s mission is growing in leaps and bounds due to H.H. Baba’s resolve and blessings.
2 B. Devotion and spiritual emotion
The photograph of H.H. Bhaktaraj Maharaj kept in the temple in the room of H.H. (Dr.) Athavale appears live due to His spiritual emotion and every day Divine changes are being observed in it.
2 C. Obeying with dedication
1. When H.H. Baba told H.H. (Dr.) Athavale to render various sevas such as spread of Dharma he had to face several obstacles and opposition, yet He is obediently continuing the mission with dedication till date.
2. Despite having low cosmic energy, He is obeying His Guru and spending most of His time writing Holy texts.
2 D. Spiritual emotion of a disciple
He advises changes in photographs of H.H. Baba which will make it appear more nicer if it is being used in some pamphlets. One bhajan (devotional songs) compact disc cover showed H.H. Baba seated on a settee singing bhajans. H.H. (Dr.) Athavale asked that a pillow be displayed behind Him and bolsters on the sides of the settee. At that time, I realised how He is trying to give His Guru a comfortable posture, as if He is really present there, due to His spiritual emotion of a disciple.
3. Spiritual emotion of H.H. (Dr.) Athavale for different Saints
H.H. (Dr.) Athavale behaves with spiritual emotion in every action towards a Saint assisting the Sanatan Sanstha. He also completes spiritual remedies and series of chanting (anushthan) as advised by them regularly with the spiritual emotion of gratitude.’
– Mrs. Avni Alshi, Sanatan ashram, Ramnathi, Goa (18.9.2016)
4. The objective of Paratpar Dr. Athavale of
remaining in the state of a disciple for the sake of society
‘Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale has taught Sanatan Sanstha’s seekers the perspectives given further through His behaviour
A. Today so-called Saints are getting ritualistic worship of Holy feet (padyapuja) done from devotees, are getting garlanded with flowers etc. There are chances of deterioration in spiritual practice by getting trapped in playing the role of a Maharaj. To prevent this from happening in Sanatan Sanstha’s seekers Paratpar Guru has placed the ideal of remaining in the spiritual emotion of a disciple before seekers.
B. As seekers constantly remain in the spiritual emotion of a disciple their ego decreases and their spiritual progress occurs fast.
C. Since H.H. Baba has renounced His body, He is active as the Guru Principle. By teaching seekers to worship H.H. Baba’s photograph on the day of Gurupournima, in a way He has taught them to worship the Guru Principle itself. Through this Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale is teaching seekers to go towards the Guru Principle instead of getting entangled in the physical form of the Guru, that is He is teaching to go from the materialised (sagun) to the non-materilaised (nirgun)’.