A embryologist at Nipani Karnataka for several years, Mr. Aniruddh Pattanshetti has extensive experience in the field of infertility. He has put forth the malpractices which he noticed when working at an infertility clinic. His questions in this context answered by Vaidya Meghraj Paradkar, on the basis of Spirituality, are given further.
Mr. Aniruddh Pattanshetti : According to Spirituality the soul enters the embryo in the womb of a woman at approximately 6 to 8 weeks after conception. The spermatic movements continue and the ovum too grows. If they are lifeless then how do sperms move and how does the ovum grow ?
Answer : According to Spirituality the life of the embryo commences the day the ovum is fertilized by the sperm, not after 6 to 8 weeks of conception. It is at that very moment that the soul enters it. It is Divine Consciousness which is responsible for growth of the embryo. The references are explained further.
1. शुक्रशोणितजीवसंयोगे तु खलु कुक्षिगते गर्भसञ्ज्ञा भवति ।
– Charaksanhita, Sharirsthan, Chapter 4, Point 5
Meaning : When the sperm, ovum and soul meet in the womb, together they constitute the embryo.
2.. शुक्रशोणितसंसर्गम् अन्तर्गर्भाशयगतं जीवः अवक्रामति सत्त्वसम्प्रयोगात् तदा गर्भः अभिनिर्वर्तते ।
Charaksanhita, Sharirsthan, Chapter 3, Point 3
Meaning : When the soul bound by the subconscious mind enters the union of the sperm and ovum within the womb, it becomes the ‘embryo’.
Clarification : Mere union of the sperm and ovum is not sufficient for survival of a pregnancy. Entry of the soul at the same time is equally important. In the absence of the soul a pregnancy cannot be sustained. However entry of the soul occurs as per destiny.
3. तं चेतनावस्थितं वायुः विभजति…।
– Charaksanhita, Sharirsthan, Chapter 5, Point 3
Meaning : The Absolute Air Principle (Vayutattva) moulds the embryo saturated with Divine Consciousness.
4. Wherever it is mentioned that the embryo gets life in the mother’s womb at 6 to 8 weeks it is a misnomer. They probably want to say that during this period the mind and intellect are developed because as per Ayurveda the mind develops in the fifth month and the intellect in the sixth month of pregnancy. References in this context are given further.
पञ्चमे मनः प्रतिबुद्धतरं भवति । षष्ठे बुद्धिः ।
– Sushrutsanhita, Sharirsthan, Chapter 3, Point 30
Meaning : The mind of the embryo gets activated in the fifth month of pregnancy and the intellect in the sixth month.’