Sanatan ashram, Ramnathi (Goa) – The immortal Deity Hanumant played a major role in establishing Rama’s rule of righteousness (Ramarajya). Even during the Mahabharat war on the command of Bhagwan Shrikrushna Hanumant was present in a subtle form on the chariot of Arjun and it was He who protected that chariot. Victory is assured wherever Hanuman the devotee of Shrirama exists. That is precisely why when in this Kaliyug the subtle battle in establishing a Hindu nation has reached the final stage so that victory is assured and so that seekers are protected Hanumant is being beckoned by performing the Panchmukhi Hanuman-kavach yadnya on September 23, 2018 at Sanatan’s ashram in Ramnathi Goa under the guidance of a great Saint from Panval, Bandha H.H. Das Maharaj, in an atmosphere enriched with Divine Consciousness and charged with spiritual emotion. Sadguru (Mrs.) Binda Singbal and other Sanatan Saints were present at this yadnya performed with the objectives of praying for a long life for Sanatan Sanstha founder Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale, alleviating distress of seekers and removing obstacles in establishing a Hindu nation. H.H. (Dr.) Mukul Gadgil and Sadguru (Mrs.) Anjali Gadgil were the presiding hosts of this yadnya while priest seekers Mr. Damodar Vazheguruji and Mr. Omkar Padhye conducted the rituals. Other priest seekers who participated in this yadnya which concluded after offering the final oblation in the fire were Mr. Ishan Joshi, Mr. Pankaj Barve, Mr. Chaitanya Dikshit, Mr. Amar Joshi, Mr. Kaushal Damle, Vedamurthy Ketan Shahane and Mr. Ambarish Vazhe.
Rituals performed as part of the yadnya
The sequence of rituals of the yadnya were making a resolve, Ganapatipujan (worship of Deity Ganapati), Punhyavachan, worship of metal pots (kalash), Shri Gangapujan, Shrirama pujan and Panchamukhi Hanuman pujan, agnisthapana (installing the fire), establishing the nine planets (navagraha) – their worship and offering oblations to them; then offering oblations to Shrirama and Shri Hanuman and then the final oblation.
Hanuman, an icon of devotion and dedication unto the Guru ! Hanuman who loves His devotees alleviates their negative energy distress and protects them. He serves Prabhu Shrirama with utmost dedication and is also a brave and dedicated warrior. Hanumant who lifted the entire Dronagiri mountain with the Sanjeevani tree and brought it to save the life of Lakshman is an icon of obedience, the one who is able to meditate for a few moments even when at war, so the one bringing together vyashti (individual) and samashti (for the sake of society) spiritual practice even in these adverse times.
No words will be sufficient to describe the glory of Hanumant for His spiritual practice, devotion and missions. Especially for Sanatan seekers striving to establish a Hindu nation resembling Ramrajaya, the grace of Deity Hanumant is extremely valuable. We Sanatan seekers prostrate at the Holy feet of this Hanuman.
Divine messages received during the yadnya
1. On this day the sky had assumed a red hue.
2. Before the yadnya commenced some monkeys making a sound visited the venue of the yadnya. When a lady seeker entered the ashram, two monkeys accompanied her. Monkeys entering the ashram when the Hanuman-kavach yadnya is in progress is an auspicious sign that Hanumant visited the yadnya venue.
3. The yoga danda (stick) installed there on instructions from H.H. Das Maharaj when first kept there during rehearsal got steadied horizontally in a straight line. However when it was installed for the yadnya it got steadied in the south-north direction from where the subtle attacks occur so as to counteract those attacks.
4. When offering an oblation to Varahmukhi (wild boar head) the smoke from the yadnya assumed the formation of the face of Varaha and Om appeared in it as an auspicious symbol.
5. When offering oblations in the yadnya was in progress a coconut fell from a tree exactly behind the small Hanuman temple in front of the ashram. This also was an auspicious signal.
Legends from the Purans about the five
heads of Panchamukhi (five headed) Hanuman
A fearsome war was going on between the armies of Shrirama and Ravan during the Ramayan period. A brother of Ravan named Ahiravan skilled in the art of tantra and mantra and possessing supernatural powers to cause delusion (mayavi) put the entire army of Shrirama to sleep and took Shrirama and Lakshman as captives to Patal (hell). Vibheeshan perceived that this was done by Ahiravan and sent Hanumant to Patal to help the two. The entrance to Patal was being guarded by his own son Makardhwaj (when Hanuman was cooling His tail after returning from burning Lanka in the ocean, His body was emitting sweat in streams out of which one drop of sweat was swallowed by a female fish in the ocean. It got impregnated with this drop and later gave birth to Makardhwaj who was nurtured by Ahiravan.) Hanmant defeated him in a battle. He then noticed five oil lamps burning at five different sites in five different directions. These had been lit by the mother of Ahiravan unto Deity Bhavani. Hanumant perceived that only if He blew out all five of them together then Ahiravan would die hence He assumed a form with five heads and blew off all the five lamps together and then freed Shrirama and Lakshman from Patal.
Directions of the five heads and their significance
1. By worshipping Kapi (monkey head) facing the east the negative energies coming from that direction are curbed and triump over the enemy occurs.
2. By worshipping Garudmukh (eagle head) facing the west the negative energies coming from that direction are blocked eliminating all obstacles and problems.
3. By worshipping the Varahamukh (Wild boar head) facing the north negative energies coming from that direction are blocked . This also endows fame and strength.
4. By worshipping the Nrusinhamukh (Man-lion head) facing the south negative energies coming from that direction are curbed and fear, stress and obstacles are overcome.
5. By worshipping the Hayagreev (horse head) facing skywards negative energies coming from that direction are blocked and all desires are fulfilled.
(Reference : Website)
Opposition offered by negative energies to the yadnya
The Panchamukhi-kavach yadnyas are a great battle started in the subtle, with the purpose of establishing a Hindu nation.To oppose it even before the yadnya actually commenced negative energies attacked at different levels.
1. The flowers in the garland strung for Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale a day prior to the yadnya suddenly withered and mould appeared on them.
2.When oblations unto Prabhu Shrirama commenced in the yadnya altar it developed cracks.
3. At the yadnya venue the coconut placed in front of the metal pot in which Deity Maruti was invoked developed a circular cut.
5. After oblations were offered in the fire of the yadnya an ugly face of a negative energy appeared in the smoke. That face was glaring angrily in the direction of Saguru (Mrs.) Binda Singbal and Sadguru (Mrs.) Anjali Gadgil.
1.Installing a yogadanda attracting vibrations of Hanumant at the venue of the yadnya
At the beginning of this yadnya the yogadanda of H.H. Das Maharaj was established at the venue of the yadnya at the hands of H.H. (Dr.) Mukul Gadgil. Sadguru (Mrs.) Anjali Gadgil then lit a lamp on it. As this yogadanda has already been used in Panchamukhi-kavach yadnyas performed earlier H.H. Das Maharaj stated that in its form vibrations of Hanumant would get attracted to the yadnya.
2. Organisation of the yadnya became possible because Sadguru (Mrs.) Anjali Gadgil travelled to Lanka to seek the blesings of Prabhu Shrirama
It is not at all easy to travel to the Lanka of Ravan. Yet Sadguru (Mrs.) Anjali Gadgil visited Srilanka recently (January 2018) and visited all places associated with the Ramayan and took the blessings of Shrirama. That is precisely why today this yadnya was accomplished is what H.H. Das Maharaj said.
3. At the venue of the yadnya off and on the mantra Shrirama Jai Rama Jai Jai Rama was being chanted with spiritual emotion or Prabhu Shrirama and Hanumant were hailed amidst the warrior attitude.
4. Five batu (celibate boys on whom thread ceremony has been performed) were worshipped at the culmination of the yadnya.
5. Seekers were being spiritually healed at the venue of the yadnya.