Several devotees immerse Shri Ganesh idols in flowing water instead of water tank on explanation of science related to immersion : Very little response received to ‘Idol-donation’ drive undertaken by KMC and ‘Panchganga Ghat Samvardhan Samiti’ !
Kolhapur : Hindu Janajagruti Samiti (HJS) and Sanatan Sanstha jointly undertook a drive at the banks of River Panchganga on 17th September under its campaign of ‘Ideal Ganeshotsav’ and it received spontaneous response from devotees. Devotees opted for immersion of idols in flowing water instead of donating idols when they were explained the science. On the other hand, under ‘Eco-friendly Ganeshotsav – 2018’ drive of Kolhapur Municipal Corporation (KMC)’ and ‘Panchganga Ghat Samvardhan Samiti (PGSS)’ for donation of idols, only 2000 idols were received by them this year. The drive was started from 10.00 a.m. at Panchganga ghat with breaking of coconut by Shri. Ashok Ramchandani of VHP. Shri. Sawant, a ‘Hindutvavadi’, performed ‘puja’ and did ‘aukshan’ of Shrikrushna’s picture-frame. Members of HJS and Sanatan Sanstha were holding placards through which immersion of idols in scientific manner was promoted with the help of matter written on those placards such as “Stop wrong propaganda of immersion of idols causing pollution”; “Why is so much noise made about pollution only during Hindus’ festivals though River Panchganga is polluted throughout the year ?” etc. An appeal was made to devotees through loudspeakers for immersion of idols in flowing water as per science; therefore, many devotees preferred to immerse idols in flowing water; over donation of idols.
Participating ‘Hindutvavadis’ in the drive
Shiv Sena MLA Shri. Rajesh Kshirsagar; Shri. Nandkumar Ghorpade, District-President of ‘Hindu Mahasabha’, Shri. Kishore Ghatge, President, ‘Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana’; Shri. Ashok Ramchandani, city-President of VHP; Shri. Avadhoot Bhatye of ‘Vande Mataram Youth Federation’; Shri. Ghanashyam Patel, ‘Patanjali’s ‘Yoga-teacher’; Shri. Devaraj Sahni, a devout Hindu; Shri. Balasaheb Nigavekar representing ‘Kumbhar’ community; activists of HJS and seekers of Sanatan Sanstha participated in the drive.
Stage and marquee was set up at the venue
which was sponsored by MLA Shri. Rajesh Kshirsagar
Marquee, platform with provision of loudspeaker and generator was set up at Panchganga ghat and was sponsored by Shiv Sena MLA Shri. Rajesh Kshirsagar. A big board was also displayed welcoming Ganesh-devotees at the venue.
1. HJS has been conducting ‘Dharmashikshan’ classes in different villages in Kolhapur district. Devout Hindus attending these classes made an appeal to devotees through ‘Facebook’ and ‘Whats Ap’ for immersion of Ganesh idols in flowing water as per the science. It received good response. Many devotees not only from Kolhapur city but also from the district immersed idols in flowing water.
2. HJS and Sanatan Sanstha had erected marquee and podium on the bank of River Panchganga. A figure resembling Shri Ganesh idol was formed in the clouds gathered above the marquee; thus in a way, Shri Ganesh blessed seekers.
Marquee erected at the cost Rs. 10 lakhs for advertising about donation of idols drive!
KMC had provided 8 tractor trolleys and 2 dumpers for carrying donated idols to quarry. Response of devotees was, however, not very encouraging; therefore, the number of tractor-trolleys and artificial water –tanks was less as compared to last year. KMC and PGSS had spent about Rs. 10 lakhs for promoting donation of idols by erecting huge marquee at Panchganga ghat. (Had the money been used for immersion of Ganesh idols in flowing water, PGSS would have acquired grace of Lord Ganesh ! – Editor) 6 tanks were set up for immersion and 15 activists of PGSS were asking devotees to donate idols. Employees of KMC were collecting old flowers and ‘puja material’ in a big bin. KMC had made arrangement of JCB for loading such trash on trucks.
Desecration of Ganesh idols received through donation !
Note the ill effects of donation of idols !
All idols received in donation from devotees were loaded on tractor trolleys and immersed in Irani quarry. Activists of PGSS were keeping the donated idols in a wrong way in these trucks, resulting in many idols getting damaged.
Devotees turn their back to so-called ‘eco-friendly Ganeshotsav’ drive !
KMC and PGSS erected a huge marquee on the bank of River Panchganga and appeal was made, through loudspeakers, to devotees for donation of idols; but devotees turned their back to this drive. On receiving idols by way of donation, activists of PGSS were felicitating such Ganesh festival Committees by issuing certificates for their decision to donate idols and setting up an ideal before next generation by immersing idols in water-tanks and for their contribution towards keeping River Panchaganga free of pollution. The certificates were signed by the President of PGSS, Mayor and KMC’s Commissioner. (What is achieved by PGSS and KMC through such anti-Hindu Dharma act ? PGSS is making such mistake due to its lack of knowledge about ‘Dharmacharan’ and ‘Dharma-shaastra’. – Editor)
1. Several devotees in response to the appeal made for immersion of idols in flowing water, confirmed on their way home about their immersing idols only in flowing water. It was felt that devotees have now realized that pollution is caused not by immersion of idols but it is caused by sewage water sent as effluent by factories.
2. Information written on the placards about immersion of idols as per science was read with full concentration by many devotees.
3. Many devotees used to keep the idols on tables kept by KMC and PGSS for performing ‘aarti’ and then immersed the idols in river on appeal made for immersion of idols in flowing water.
4. Activists of PGSS used to stop devotees going towards river for immersion of idols and appealed to them for donation of idols so as to obtain certificates for the same.
5. An appeal was made over loudspeaker against donation of idols which is against the science but for immersion of idols in flowing water for acquiring grace of Lord Ganesh.
6. Copy of special issues of ‘Sanatan Prabhat’ on ill effects of Government taking over management of temples were distributed to devotees; so also handbills on ideal way of celebrating Ganesh festival.
7. Devotees had carried 15-20 idols on small cart. HJS activists appealed to them for immersion of idols in flowing water by explaining science after which they immersed the idols in river water.
Source : Dainik Sanatan Prabhat