Debate on the Gauri Lankesh murder case on Times Now channel
Mumbai : The accusations hurled at Sanatan Sanstha in the Gauri Lankesh murder case are absolutely fake. Till date all the murders in the country have been committed using 7.65 0r 7.32 mm revolvers. Since these two types of firearms are cheap and they are easily available. An AK47 or an airgun is not used for any kind of murder. Hence this is like saying men wearing shirts have committed murder just because the murderer of an individual was wearing a shirt. Thus an unreasonable attempt is being made to implicate the Sanatan in the Gauri Lankesh murder case. This was the prompt reply given by Advocate Sanjeev Punalekar National Secretary of the Hindu Vidhidnya Parishad.
After the newspaper Indian Express tried to link the Sanatan seekers with Gauri lankesh murder the Times Now news channel held a debate on the topic ‘Sanatan On Radar’. Advocate Punalekar participated in the debate. He confidently responded to the baseless accusations made by Sanatan hater participants of the debate. The debate was compered by the senior editor and host of the news channel, Mr. Anand Narsimhan. Leader of the Marxist party of India, Sunit Chopra, journalist Saba Naqvi etc were other participants. Another uniqueness about this debate i was that more than 80% viewers supported the points put forth by Advocate Sanjeev Punalekar.
Advocate Sanjeev Punalekar further said,
1.When assassinating Swayamsevaks in Kerala and Bangladesh 7.65 mm revolvers have been used. Do the Leftists accusing Sanatan Sanstha accept that muders of the Swayamsevaks were done with a carbine and not the 7.65 mm revolvers and thus confess that they have done it.
2. One who was acquitted in the Malegaon case has revealed how inorder to implicate him in this case a police officer had planted a revolver in his house. We need to pay attention to this as well. Accusations in the Gauri Lankesh case are being made against Sanatan Sanstha likewise.
3. In the Gauri Lankesh case photographs of five people have been sent by Police, the National Investigating Agency and the Central Bureau of Investigation all over. They are even being telecast on television channels. They have reached 10 crore people through the medium of WhatsApp. Then how did no one see these five who reached Bengaluru in the evening and killed someone ?
Questions asked by the Senior editor and host of the Times Now news
channel Mr. Anand Narsimhan to those hurling accusations on Sanatan Sanstha !
1. Some people have already proclaimed that the right-winged Sanatan Sanstha is connected with the Gauri Lankesh case. Is it really possible that all right-winged people will systematically use the same kind of revolvers ?
2. Leader of the Marxist Party of India Mr. Sunit Chopra referred to Sanatan Sanstha as a monster (The Marxists must first look into the violence caused by their followers in West Bengal and Kerala. – Editor) At that juncture Mr. Narsimhan said that the Marxists and Siddaramayya were giving this case a ridiculous turn. Did they have any proof to call the Sanatan a monster? If you give me even one proof I will be the first one to question Advocate Sanjeev Punalekar about it. There is a similarity in the killing of Pansare, Kalburgi and Gauri Lankesh is what you say. The apples kept on your respective desks are similar, so is one poisonous and the other non-poisonous, is that the conclusion you draw ?
4. Journalist Saba Naqvi has alleged that in her last article Lankesh had written against the Lingayat community. It is in response to this that three seekers from the Sanatan Sanstha travelled to Karnataka from Maharashtra to murder her in Bengaluru. When making this allegation she has to give proof.
5. The investigations in this case are being carried out with the decision made beforehand, to implicate the Sanatan Sanstha. The direction of the investigation has to be changed. Will you carry out an inquiry of a case in this way ? It is absolutely wrong to label Sanatan Sanstha as the mercenary without proof.
6. A month has elapsed since the murder of Lankesh but the police are still clueless. Just because some seekers of an organisation have been accused in a bomb blast case is it correct to say that that they have assassinated Gauri Lankesh ?