Mission of journalism through ‘Sanatan Prabhat’
Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Jayant Athavale started ‘Sanatan Prabhat’ Periodicals with the intention to propagate the message of establishing the ‘Hindu Nation’.
He is the inspiration for ‘Sanatan Prabhat’ Group of Periodicals. He was the Editor from 28th April 1998 to 19th April 2000.Later, He gave the responsibility of the Editor to seekers because of His commitment to other sevas that needed His attention.
Taking inspiration from these Periodicals, which serve the interests of the society, Nation and Dharma, many people are now working to protect the Nation and Dharma and also performing sadhana (Spiritual practice). The ‘Sanatan Prabhat’ Periodicals presently have a Marathi Daily (4 Editions – Mumbai, Goa, Ratnagiri and West Maharashtra), Weekly (in Marathi and Kannada), Fortnightly (in Hindi and English) and Monthly (in Gujarati), despite financial losses.
Preface to the Holy text on ‘Sanatan’s Journalism’
Adya Shankaracharya has defined Dharma (Righteousness) as that which accomplishes the three tasks of maintaining the social system in an excellent condition, bringing about the worldly progress of every living being and progress in the spiritual realm as well. Today, society is in tatters because of hooliganism, corruption, immorality and inefficiency. State administration is non-existent as well as painful. Hence, it is the duty of every righteous citizen to find a remedy to this situation and restructure the society.
Many eminent people opine that several evils have invaded present day journalism. Many consider this to be a reflection of the overall deterioration in moral values. The prime objective of seekers who think that Dharma maintains the social system in good condition is to appropriately re-establish the ability of this medium which can contribute valuably in moulding the social mind. The first stage in restructuring the society is to place before the society the prevailing social scenario, the underlying reasons and remedies on it. A Periodical is an important medium to perform this task. (Ref.: Sanatan’s Holy text ‘Sanatan’s Journalism’)
Originator of the unique method of sharing editorial comments
As the Editor of ‘Sanatan Prabhat’, Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Jayant Athavale started a unique method of sharing with readers the editorial comments that serve the interests of the society, Nation and Dharma associated with news. Therefore, ‘Sanatan Prabhat’ has become the only Periodical in the world that shares editorial comments with every news.
Development of ‘Sanatan Prabhat’ Periodicals – A synopsis
1. Marathi Weekly : The first issue of Marathi Weekly ‘Sanatan Prabhat’ with 8 pages was published on 28th April 1998, From November 2015, this Weekly contains 16 pages.
2. Kannada Fortnightly (Now a weekly) : This was started in July 1998 with 8 pages. Later, it was published as a Weekly with 8 pages in September 1999. From 7th April 2016, it is being published with 16 pages.
3. Four Editions of Daily ‘Sanatan Prabhat’ in a year : Within just one year, 4 Editions of ‘Sanatan Prabhat’ were launched Goa and Sindhudurg Edition (4.4.1999), Ratnagiri Edition (28.11.1999), West Maharashtra & Marathwada Edition (5.12.1999) and Mumbai, Thane, Raigad and North Maharashtra Edition (5.3.2000). Initially, the Daily had 4 pages on week days and 6 pages on Sundays; now, it has 8 pages on week days and 10 pages on Sundays.
4. Hindi Monthly (Now a Fortnightly) : In January 2000, Hindi Monthly ‘Sanatan Prabhat’ with 16 pages was launched. From January 2016, it is being published as a Fortnightly with 16 pages.
5. Gujarati Monthly : This 12 page Monthly was started in March 2000.
6. English Monthly (Now a Fortnightly) : This was launched in April 2006. From January 2016, it has become a Fortnightly.
Brain behind ‘Hindu Varta’ news channel on the internet
Keeping in mind the failure of mainstream media to publish news about the injustice to and atrocities on Hindus, Paratpar Guru (Dr.) Athavale put forth the idea of airing news of ‘Sanatan Prabhat’ in the audio-visual form. Due to this programme, which was shown from 29.12.2014 to 29.1.2016, the foundation of a Hindu news channel was laid.